Accounts Comparison
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why am I getting QuickBooks Error Code 6190 816 while accessing the company file on the server, and how can I fix it?

2 posters

Go down

Why am I getting QuickBooks Error Code 6190 816 while accessing the company file on the server, and how can I fix it? Empty Why am I getting QuickBooks Error Code 6190 816 while accessing the company file on the server, and how can I fix it?

Post by joshua31 Tue May 31, 2022 2:23 am

Why am I getting QuickBooks Error Code 6190 816 while accessing the company file on the server, and how can I fix it? What_a10

Getting an error code 6190 816 while accessing the company file saved on the server indicates that either your workstation is unable to connect to the server to locate the file or there is a possible corruption in the network data file. Here is how you can resolve the error after ensuring that there are no issues in the connection between your workstation and the server computer.

1.Close QuickBooks Desktop and open the folder where QuickBooks installation files are saved.
2.Now locate a file with a .nd extension having the same name as your company file and right-click it.
3.Edit the file name by selecting the Rename option and add .OLD at the end of the file name.
4.Save the changes and run QuickBooks again.

Retry to access the company file to check if QuickBooks Error Code 6190 816 is now resolved. If not, reach QuickBooks Desktop technical support for help at 1.855.738.2784

joshua31

Back to top Go down

Why am I getting QuickBooks Error Code 6190 816 while accessing the company file on the server, and how can I fix it? Empty Re: Why am I getting QuickBooks Error Code 6190 816 while accessing the company file on the server, and how can I fix it?

Post by Admin Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:31 pm

QuickBooks Error Code 6190 816 typically occurs when there is a mismatch between the company file and the transaction file in QuickBooks. This error can also occur when the company file is being accessed by multiple users simultaneously.

Here are some steps you can take to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6190 816:

1. Check if the company file is located on a network drive and make sure it is not in read-only mode.
    Restart the server computer that hosts the company file and all the workstations that have access to the file.
    Run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool, which is designed to fix errors related to company files.
    Use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager to scan the company file and make sure it is free from errors.
    Make sure that all users are logged out of QuickBooks and that no one else is accessing the company file when you try to open it.
    If the error persists, you may need to restore a backup of the company file from before the error occurred.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it is possible that the company file may be damaged beyond repair. In that case, you may need to contact QuickBooks technical support for further assistance.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://www.accountscomparison.com/

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down